Through close collaboration with a broad portfolio of maritime customers, ATL has developed knowledge and expertise which has allowed it to specialise in the design and manufacture of delivery systems and bladder-type containment systems for liquid reactants used in the following areas:
- Subsea Oil & Gas Exploration
- Drilling & Well Services
- Pipeline Maintenance, Repair and Engineering
- Remote Intervention
- Defence and Scientific Research Projects
ATL bladder tanks are made from a variety of materials ranging from thin, flexible films to high strength fabric-reinforced rubber. These bladders, inflatables and bellows boast unparalleled chemical tolerance, abrasion resistance and remarkable durability for long term storage. ATL is familiar with the challenges that the harsh subsea environment presents and has developed materials and technologies that perform flawlessly in the extreme pressure depths of the sea.
Utilising the latest CAD technology, ATL design engineers work with the client to digitally model a collapsible bladder which is tailored to the exact specifications of the application. ATL’s production engineers have decades of experience and numerous cutting-edge fabrication techniques at their disposal, including RF (Radio Frequency) sealing, as well as thermal, friction, ultrasonic, vulcanisation and adhesive welding. These methods yield a remarkably strong and leak-tight bladder.
ATL also offers a wide variety of standard hardware, including fittings, valves, flanges and caps that allow for easy fill/discharge/refill. If you are looking for totally custom hardware, ATL's factory is equipped with CNC machining capabilities that can manufacture a bespoke solution, whatever the size or quantity required. Everyday, ATL's flexible bladders are put to the test in the most demanding underwater oil and gas projects:
Subsea Remote Intervention Systems:
- Flexible bladders for ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicles), AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles) and UUV (Unmanned Underwater Vehicles) for use with reactants (including caustic and acidic solutions and Otto Fuel), seawater and oxidizers in propulsion systems. ATL also designs and manufactures bladders for submersibles, subsea robotics and buoy/generator modules.
- Leak-tight electronic enclosures, including battery boxes and instrumentation covers.
- During pre-commissioning operations, flexible bladders are used for storing cleaning and treatment chemicals which are then injected into pipelines. ATL has experience with numerous chemicals, including corrosion inhibitors, oxygen scavengers, biocides and dyes.
- ATL Bladders are also regularly used in oil flushing operations, where various chemical cocktails are used to clean fuel, lube, oil and hydraulic transfer lines/systems.
ATL is proud to have decades of experience in working with organisations such as Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, Scripps Institute, Oceaneering, Oceanworks, Weatherford, Lockheed-Martin, Halliburton, Trident, Perry Slingsby Systems, NSWC (Naval Surface Warfare Combatant Craft) and many other exciting maritime companies.
Subsea bladders are manufactured to your individual specifications -
Please contact the ATL Sales Team with your requirements